There are thousands of job seekers roaming the streets of Abuja and other cities seeking for both formal and informal jobs. The following jobs amongst others are commonly sought after: Private driving job, house-help job, teaching jobs, private security job, hotel jobs, sales jobs, gardeners etc.
Your work as a recruiter is to refer job seekers to prospective employers who need their services, while you get your commission.
A job recruiter is the middleman who links a job seeker to an employer.
Here are some steps to follow
1. Get your organisation registered with CAC (Cooperate Affairs Commission).
2. Get a good location: Rent a small office space, it could be in a park or even in a small tent.
3. Create Employers adverts: Introduce your services to business owners, hotel managers, school proprietors, private individuals. Establish contacts with employers first.
4. Job Seekers adverts: Having established contacts with prospective employers, it’s time to invite job seekers. Create adverts that tells jobs seekers “there’s vacancy”. Example: A private company is in need of an experienced driver…,call: 0801000***
5. Make sure to always have the full data (names, address, passport, gender) of each job seeker who comes to you.
Explore other opportunities