Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has challenged the Federal Government to show evidence that he benefitted from the N156m slush fund that allegedly led to the collapse of the defunct Platinum Habib Bank also known as Bank PHB.
Atiku made this challenge in a statement issued by Mr. Phrank Shaibu, his Special Assistant on Public Communication, on Friday.
The statement reads, “It is disgusting to continue to spin allegations of corruption against me by people who have failed to come forward with a single shred of evidence of my misconduct while in office.
“They just suddenly woke up to the reality that, their lies about Atiku being corrupt can no longer hold. I challenge the federal government to come up with evidence that I benefitted from N156 million slush funds through Claremont Management Services Account on 13th January, 2009 as well as the collapse of Bank PHB as they have alleged.
“It is instructive to note that the same Bank PHB is now Keystone Bank, which was said to have been acquired by Buhari’s cronies through AMCON last year.”
Recall that the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed had on Friday said that Atikus has a case to answer over the collapse of Platinum Habib Bank when he returns from his US trip.